FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I donate?
- How is Wild Blue Dot supported?
- What will my donation support?
- Why does my credit card statement read “PayPal *Wild Blue Dot.org” when I make an online donation to Wild Blue Dot?
- Is it safe and secure for me to donate online to Wild Blue Dot?
- Whom do I contact if I have a question or problem making an online donation?
- Can I make a recurring online donation?
- How do I cancel my recurring online donation?
- Will Wild Blue Dot rent, sell, or trade my personal information?
How do I donate?
Great question! Visit our donation form at https://www.wildbluedot.com/donate/
How is Wild Blue Dot supported?
You! Wild Blue Dot currently has no advertising and we want to keep it that way. All of our support is derived from reader donations.
What will my donation support?
Your donation directly funds this site. Your support means we can publish our independent, advert-free site, community and blog devoted to all issues: environmental. This includes:
- Editorial content including reviews, must watch documentaries, tips and advice about how to live a greener life, commentary, opinion, environmental advice and the low down on the key environmental news stories of the day
- Coverage on our relationship with the natural environment, from pollution to population, biodiversity to sustainable agriculture, energy to global climate change
- Your support of to up to 3 nominated charities. We are working to identify 3 selected charities that represent the most urgent and pressing issues facing our generation. This organisation will be chosen annually by the readership of Wild Blue Dot in order to ensure our support is provided in the most strategic and effective way – the first selection poll will take place June 2019. Subscribe to stay tuned.
Why does my credit card statement read “PayPal *Wild Blue Dot.org” when I make an online donation to Wild Blue Dot?
We accept donations via PayPal or credit cards through PayPal’s credit or debit card portal which means you may see these details on your card statement. If you have any questions about your donation or would like to cancel a recurring payment, contact us.
Is it safe and secure for me to donate online to Wild Blue Dot?
Yes. PayPal uses Secure Sockets Layer technology to encrypt all data submitted to and from our donations web page. SSL renders donors’ personal information, including credit card information, unreadable to any outsiders. SSL is supported by all major web browsers, including Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. (To find out if your browser is connected to a secure transaction server, look for a locked gold padlock in the lower right-hand corner of your IE or Firefox browser.) Additionally, your personal information will be stored on PayPal’s servers, which are heavily guarded, both physically and electronically. To further shield your credit card numbers, PayPal does not directly connect its firewall-protected servers to the internet.
Yikes, I have a problem making an online donation – who do I contact?
Please, please contact us.
Can I make a recurring online donation?
Another great question! Yes, on our donations web page, you can schedule a monthly or yearly gift to Wild Blue Dot. You know you want to.
How do I cancel my recurring online donation?
If you have any questions about your donation or would like to cancel a recurring payment, contact us.
Will Wild Blue Dot rent, sell, or trade my personal information?
Have we missed anything?
No question is too small as far as we’re concerned. Please contact us.